CELES – CURSOS DE ESPAÑOL COMO LENGUA EXTRANJERA
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSES IN SEVILLE
Faculty of Philology, University of Seville
CELES is a program of linguistic immersion designed to improve participants’ competence in grammar, vocabulary and communicative skills. Innovative materials and tasks will be used to provide the optimum context for acquiring greater knowledge of the Spanish language and culture. Work in class will be supplemented by out-of-class activities, and emphasis will also be placed on communicative strategies which lead to greater autonomy and thus to continued learning of the language.
For the current year the program includes courses for levels A2 and B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You will learn to:
Describe your personal experiences in the present and the past.
Understand and write brief texts related to familiar topics.
Approach new cultural realities and know how to interpret them.
Identify your own best ways to learn spanish.
In this course you will learn to interact more fluently in work, academic or leisure contexts. You will acquire the language and pragmatic awareness needed to deal efficiently with daily communicative situations.
You will be able to:
Communicate your wishes and justify your opinions, ask for clarifications and express complaints if necessary.
Write with fluency simple texts on diverse topics you are familiar with or which are related to your interests and understand oral or written texts in standard language.
Formulate useful goals for your learning process and develop strategies to achieve them.
- 3-week intensive course: 480 euros
- 2-week intensive course: 350 euros
The methodology used is closely connected to task-based learning with the use of diverse tasks to develop the learner’s basic skills in Spanish.
- First, reading comprehension by reading and analyzing texts where learners can extract meaning and examine specific aspects of the texts, such as vocabulary or grammar.
- Second, listening comprehension through the use of texts, including audiovisual material, which present situations related to the learner’s daily life.
- Third, writing through the production of texts written individually and in groups about the immediate reality of learners.
- Fourth, speaking by carrying out activities that help students to be able to communicate easily in everyday situations.
- Finally, interaction is facilitated in the classroom by the creation of an affective atmosphere that favors the communication between students and between students and teacher which is fundamental for learning the language.
Complementary cultural activities
Cultural knowledge gives strong support for language learning. For this reason, Language and Cultural Encounteres offers an extensive program of activities to facilitate a better understanding of Spanish culture and society. The program helps to further knowledge of the Spanish language from different perspectives while enjoying diverse cultural activities.
In the Intensive Spanish Course there are several cultural activities included – the Film afternoon (watch a Spanish film in the original version with subtitles and meeting afterwords with the actors), Walks around the city (guided by specialized professionals, see the Seville that you won’t find the book for tourists), Football and basketball evenings (play a game with local students and then have a drink with them) or Learn and shop (visit different shops and interact with the sales people with the help of our Shopping Assistant).
Those registered in the Intensive Spanish Course will also have a discount in our workshops.
Housing with families
You have the possibility of living with a family in Seville, including full-board or half-board. This is the perfect option for people looking for complete immersion in Spanish life. Our families have been carefully selected for their location and their willingness to share not only their home but also their knowledge of the life and culture in Seville.